A CROHNIE'S BEAUTY BLOG ❝ Crohn's Disease - Makeup - Got Guts? ❞   |   about  ·   twitter   ·   tumblr  ·   blogspot   ·   etc   · follow





About Me



♥ Hello, I'm Chloé, an 18 year old Animal Care student with Crohn's Disease from England!

Instagram
@chloescottt

agenda
Get a Glossybox/Birchbox
Buy 2 more hairpieces
Complete my microchipping training
PARDY WITH A D


About the blog
Set up in July 2013 as I was starting to recover from my second near-fatal flare of Crohn's Disease. I'm an aspiring veterinarian, but make up is a huge part of my life. I like to follow trends so there will be plenty of popular brands and some smaller ones too! And sometimes maybe even the odd fashion post too.

twitter




disclaimer
Layout made by tkh.



  RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection - Heaux & Barbados Girl
These are the products I've been most excited to review since I ordered them, and are from one of the most anticipated make up releases of 2013 - Rihanna's Summer collection for MAC. RiRi Boy really did nothing for me so I decided against ordering that lipstick, and RiRi Woo was too much like Ruby Woo for my liking - plus I really like my Kate Matte by Rimmel London! So I chose Heaux (after much deliberating with MAC Customer Services - thank you!!) and the Lustre Drops in Barbados Girl.


HEAUX LIPSTICK



As you can see the packaging is usual MAC quality, however I was a little disappointed there was less Rihanna branding - in my make up bag there's little to differentiate between this and my usual MAC lipsticks. Other than this I really do adore this lipstick, it covers really well and DOES NOT transfer which is fab for someone like me who tends to be clumsy and mess up their make up! However if you are prone to dry lips don't try RiRi Hearts MAC matte lipsticks as they are very drying and tend to stick in any cracks if lips are left unmoisturized.



BARBADOS GIRL LUSTRE DROPS




Again, the lustre drops packaging is no different to the normal MAC lustre drops which considering the big hype around RiRi MAC is a little disappointing. But I do love the effect the lustre drops give, and the fact I can use it from head to toe! The consistency is light but gives a good thorough coverage, which is surprising for MAC as some people find it cakey - this is not the case for the lustre drops. I've also mixed it in with my white/pale liquid concealer to contour and highlight and it looks really good! I have a feeling this will look great during my holiday as a good illuminator/alternative to a full face of foundation.




Both shades sold out almost straight away on the MAC website, but Rebel is a pretty close match for Heaux and the Lustre Drops can be found in 2 other colours which are less bronzing - but MAC do offer a Bronzing Oil as part of their Temperature Rising collection.

BE SURE TO WATCH OUT FOR NEW UPDATES ON RIHANNA'S AUTUMN MAC COLLECTION!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



| N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk. Removing any credit is shunned upon. Please keep credits intact
Have a nice blogging day or something!