|
About Me

♥ Hello, I'm Chloé, an 18 year old Animal Care student with Crohn's Disease from England!
Instagram
@chloescottt
agenda
Get a Glossybox/Birchbox
Buy 2 more hairpieces
Complete my microchipping training
PARDY WITH A D
About the blog
Set up in July 2013 as I was starting to recover from my second near-fatal flare of Crohn's Disease. I'm an aspiring veterinarian, but make up is a huge part of my life. I like to follow trends so there will be plenty of popular brands and some smaller ones too! And sometimes maybe even the odd fashion post too.
twitter
disclaimer
Layout made by tkh.
|
Maybelline Colour Show Neons in Fuchsia Fever
This was part of my mini Boots/Superdrug haul the other day, where I got 3 for 2 on nails @ Superdrug. But I was soooo disappointed with this; I wasn't expecting great shakes as it was only £2.99 (find it here) yet I really didn't think Maybelline would be such low quality. For starters the colour is NOT neon, and I was really excited to wear a bright purple shade on my nails like the one you see in the bottle. However the colour is so sheer and even after 3 coats there was still visible nail underneath. One thing that is great about the polish however is how quickly it dries, but this links to a downside as the finish is more matte than shiny - something I wish I knew before purchasing this shade. Maybelline market the collection as 'gel like formula' but in comparison to one of my favourites, the Gelly by Barry M, this is nowhere near it's league. The finish is nice, but it's not something I would consider repurchasing after I have ran out; however I am interested in trying other shades to see if they are more like an at home Gelish/Shellac finish.
After 2 layers
After 3 layers and in comparison to the bottle
Labels: Color Show, Maybelline, nail varnish, nails
|